26 December, 2009

Getting Ready - New Years Resolutions 2010

I love the start of a new year. 
Each year, I look at my previous years "New Years Resolutions" and see what I have accomplished, and what I still have to work on.  Currently - I don't know where my journal from the beginning of last year (2009) is.  I am not sure I still have it.  It might have been one of those I threw away.  I have thrown out giant stacks of my journals.  I don't figure any of my children will want a mountain of journals.  So, my plan here is to die with 1 left for each of them. 
Then  I make resoltions for my new Year -

I have been surfing around this morning a little online and looking at what other homeschooling families mom's are doing and how they are doing it.  I can't stand it when people give the smug "I don't make New Years Resolutions" line/speech.  It is annoying and condescending.  And quite frankly, I think it smacks of laziness.

Why do I  make New Years resolutions? 
Well because I haven't arrived yet.  I still have lots and lots of work to do before I will be pleasing in the eyes of God.  I try every day to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend.  For me, it is WORK - I am like that silly bumper sticker, "Be patient, God isn't finished with me yet."

So, today as I go through my work I will be thinking......
Thinking about what I will strive to achieve in the coming year. 




More l8r........................

No comments: